- Children are required to participate in one group class each week, plus one private 30 minute lesson per week.
- Classes concentrate on the flute but are also full of music activities with movement, games, and listening exercises
- Group classes will be kept to a maximum of 7 students
- Kinderflute™ is especially designed for children ages 4-8. If your group of slightly older children wish to participate, a class can be formed that will be
adapted to suit their ages.
- Parents are encouraged to observe classes and lessons so they can assist their child at home
- Kinderflute™ students are required to practice at least 15 minutes per day
- Flute instructor Molly Shortridge may teach Kinderflute™ Classes at your location (depending on distance), as long as there are 5-7 children available.
Lessons that go along with the classes are to be taught at one of Molly’s three studio choices, however. Visit this page to see more information on lesson locations http://www.kinderflute-academy.com/contact/ .
- Students need to own the following:
- A flute (curved headjoints are best)
- Blocki Method Book one
- Pneumo-Pro Wind director
- A music stand
- Suggested items:
- A metronome (will eventually need to be purchased)
- A digital recorder (sometimes found on ipods, cameras, phones)
- Visit this link to see a summary of fees and costs: http://www.kinderflute-academy.com/fees-and-costs/
- Flutes must be in good condition. Bob Warfield is an excellent local technician if flutes are in need of repair www.bobsflutes.com
- The flute instructor can assist you in knowledge of flute purchase and to assess if a flute you may already own is in good condition. Please visit this page
for more information on purchasing a flute: http://www.kinderflute-academy.com/purchasing-a-flute/